Tuesday, December 16, 2014

First Trip to USA


My first long airplane ride and trip to the USA was on December 16 at 6 weeks old.  We boarded the plane at 7:30 am Doha time.  My day was essentially the same as any other day.  When I wanted to be held, Mommy held me.  When it was time to eat I was fed and when I wanted to sleep, I slept.  I don’t know what all the fuss is about this airplane stuff.  After 17 hours on the plane we finally landed in the USA for my first time on US soil.  We made it through customs easily and had the bags and then it was time to see Nana!  I was so excited to see my Nana again.  Then we headed to Nana and Papa’s house, which is only about 15-20 minutes from the airport. 

Waiting in the airport
On the plane
Once at Nana and Papa's house, I patiently awaited the arrival my Papa.  This was my first time to get to meet him.  Since we were so jet-lagged, Mommy didn't take enough pictures.  However, I did get lots of snuggles in with Papa that night while Mommy and Daddy took care of stuff. 

I spent just a few days in Houston trying to get used to the USA and get over jet-lag before we made the 8.5 hour drive up to Oklahoma to start our Christmas festivities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment