Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 1

The first week of my life was pretty basic for a newborn.  I ate, slept, pooped...well I didn't do that last one too much which started to worry Mom but don't worry, I'm getting better at it.  This week was filled with snuggle time, and basically just everyone getting used to me being in the family.  My big brother Jacob loved holding me and I enjoyed hearing his voice and all his squeals.  There was a little competition over who was able to hang out with me the most.














I did have a slightly traumatic experience in my first week.  Since we left the hospital so early, they were unable to do my metabolic test.  This test consists of pricking the heel and getting blood to cover 10 little circles on a piece of paper.  Unfortunately I am "not a bleeder" as the nurse kept saying and it took 5 heel pricks and lots of crying for them to complete the test.  However, Mommy got a call 2 days later saying that it wasn't enough and we had to go back and try again!!  Five more heel pricks later and even more tears I finally completed my testing.

Of course we had to squeeze a bath or two into my first week.  It was just a basic sponge bath since I still haven't lost my umbilical cord.  After my first bath I wore my bones pi's to match Jacobs.  Mommy really thought I would be born before Halloween so she had bought us matching pjs. Ooops :)







 We did a few outings including the photo shoot I wrote about before.  One day we went to a park so that Jacob could get some play time and I could enjoy the great outdoors.






 I have been a good sleeper since the beginning.  I decided that I wanted some private Nana and Grandma time at night so they take turns hanging out with me from midnight until around 3 or 4 am. They then give me my only bottle of the day before taking me back to Mommy. Look how sweet I am! Who wouldn't want to hang out with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment