Thursday, October 8, 2015

Spain and Portugal

After a long 2 week break it was time to hit the road again!  This time I talked Mom and Dad into taking me to Spain and Portugal but even better I talked Nana, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa into coming too!  I'm one lucky girl.  Upon arrival at the airport I quickly found Papa.  As you can tell I had to study Papa's face to remember exactly who he is. 



 We left the airport and hit the streets of Barcelona.  I was so excited to have my very own stroller this time so that I didn't have to be strapped to Mom the whole time.  It was a lot cooler and more comfortable for napping.


Our first day in Barcelona we went to the FC Barcelona stadium and walked around town touring a bunch of old stuff. 




The next day we visited the La Sagrada Familia and lots of Gaudi designed stuff but I did a lot of sleeping and riding in the stroller.



 We rode the high speed train from Barcelona to Madrid...sometimes you just need a nap and who better to nap with than Nana and Papa.
 Once I was off the train and fully rested it was time to explore Madrid.  First stop was the Royal Palace courtyard with the Cathedral in the background.
 Although the food here was decent according to Mom and Dad there wasn't a lot that I was used to eating so I was allowed to eat lots of bread!  I love bread!!


 Again we took a high speed train out to the town of Toledo.   Toledo is such a beautiful picturesque town!


 Sometimes Mom is silly!
 When I travel, I sometimes get tired of being strapped in a stroller so I have to find different places to explore.  Crawling around on concrete and dirt suddenly becomes attractive!


 I thoroughly enjoyed my evening in Granada looking at the Alhambra.  Mom made a barricade with the couches and chairs so that I could crawl around and have some freedom.  I had my drink special too!




Exploring the Alhambra was fun but I was back in the carrier.  Mom kept trying to get me to go to sleep but I really wanted to see all the beautiful architecture. The Alhambra truly is beautiful. 


 In Ronda, I was able to escape the car for a little bit and enjoy the bull fighting museum.  They even let me out of the stroller to enjoy the sand in the bull ring.

 Seville was a lot of fun too with a beautiful Cathedral and the Royal Alcazar.  But what I really enjoyed was the horse carriage ride and sitting with my Daddy!





My least favorite part of the trip was saying "see you later" to my Papa!



 Even though I had to say bye to Papa it was time to move on to Portugal.  My first activity in Portugal was a boat ride on the beautiful coast but the boat basically lulled me to sleep immediately.


 After the boat ride I was able to go to "the End of the World" or at least what people used to think was the end of the world before they discover the Americas.

 At last I had a day of freedom and not being strapped in a car, stroller, or to Mom!  I was able to explore and play on the beach of Salema.  Grandpa let my feet touch the water but it was so cold!  I enjoyed playing in the sand in the warm sun more than the water.





 They tell me that I explored Evora but I don't have many memories from Evora except for riding Dad's shoulders down the street.
 Our apartment in Lisbon actually had a tub so I was able to take a real bath and play in Grandmas bath bag!










In Lisbon I was able to ride a Tram, a funicular, and a train!  
 I went on a walking tour in Lisbon, at least thats what I'm told, but I just hung out in my stroller for most of it and took a little nap.  However, I did get to explore the Lisbon Castle and get an excellent view!

 My taxi ride down from the castle was a fancy tok tok.  I enjoyed looking out the back and watching the world go by.
 The final day of my vacation I headed out to Sintra to explore another castle and another palace. Since there were so many steps and riding in the stroller was pretty rough I asked Mom to put me in the carrier.


At last it was time for my vacation to end and to head back home to Doha.  That didn't stop me from getting the grounds crew in Lisbon to wave at me from the window!


No comments:

Post a Comment