I spent most of the trip attached to Mommy in the carrier. Typically I would love being this close to Mom but it was so hot I got tired of her sweat getting all over me. I still did pretty good hanging out in it and didn't complain about it too much.
Traveling brings up some fun situations. Hardly any restaurants had a high chair that I could really sit in so I spent most meals being passed back and forth from Mom and Dad. Actually in a lot of restaurants the waitresses would hold me! But when that didn't happen Mom and Dad occasionally got creative. They pushed chairs together, laid me on the table (!), wore the carrier, and even set up that back-pack carrier for me to sit in.
When traveling, there is no time for an official "nap" so you just have to make it up as you go.
We did get to do a little swimming on our trip and I had my very first experience with sand. I tried to eat it but Mom wouldn't let me.
Even with all the difficulties of traveling I still had a blast and got to see all sorts of cool places. I went to Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, the Chu Chi tunnels, War Remnants museum. I road boats on the Mekong Delta. I traveled to Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, and Halong Bay. I saw temples, ruins, and mausoleums, beautiful cities, and friendly people. Most of all I enjoyed the full week with my Daddy. I can't wait to travel again!

Excellent report, Hailey!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you in two months!
- Grandpa